Cops will probably go to trial for alleged beating after charges twice dismissed
Two different judges have tossed the charges because of a lack of evidence
By Wendy Ruderman
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA -- The on-again, off-again courtroom clash between David and Goliath is back on, and this time, it's likely headed to trial.
Here, "David" is David Vernitsky, a waiflike graffiti vandal who says that two cops busted his jaw after they caught him spray-painting the wall of a Feltonville business in August 2007.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy