Cops will probably go to trial for alleged beating after charges twice dismissed
Two different judges have tossed the charges because of a lack of evidence
By Wendy Ruderman
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA -- The on-again, off-again courtroom clash between David and Goliath is back on, and this time, it's likely headed to trial.
Here, "David" is David Vernitsky, a waiflike graffiti vandal who says that two cops busted his jaw after they caught him spray-painting the wall of a Feltonville business in August 2007.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms