Extradition sought in '95 Calif. cop slaying
Officer Robert Martin, 57, was fatally shot with his service weapon on a roadside near Phoenix
By Richard K. De Atley
RIVERSIDE, Calif. -- The Riverside County district attorney's office has been working since December to extradite a convicted police killer from Arizona's death row so he can be tried for the murder of a Blythe convenience store clerk 15 years ago.
Court documents here and in Arizona show Riverside County wants to retrieve Ernesto Salgado Martinez, 34, formerly of Indio. He is at the Arizona State Prison Complex - Eyman, in Florence.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Extradition sought in '95 Calif. cop slaying
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy