No verdict Wednesday in Mehserle trial
Jurors' day ends early, after less than three hours of deliberation
By Demian Bulwa,
San Francisco Chronicle
LOS ANGELES — Jurors in the murder trial of former BART police Officer Johannes Mehserle began deliberations from scratch Wednesday with a new member, but did not reach a verdict before their day was cut short.
A juror had to attend a medical appointment in the afternoon, so the jury deliberated for less than three hours - from just after 9 a.m. to about 11:45 a.m. The panel is scheduled to reconvene at 9 a.m. today.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: No verdict Wednesday in Mehserle trial
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police