Getaway driver 'horrified' after Pa. cop killed
If found guilty of first-degree murder, the district attorney will ask for the death penalty
By Mensah M. Dean
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — After all was said and done — the robbing of a bank and the slaying of a police officer — getaway driver Eric Deshann Floyd was left with nothing but guilt and remorse.
"I thought it was just gonna be a bank job. Taking a life changes everything, but especially a cop," Floyd told police on May 8, 2008 - five days after Sgt. Stephen Liczbinski was gunned down on a Port Richmond street.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Getaway driver 'horrified' after Pa. cop killed
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman