Would-be cop killer sentenced to 115 years
Officer Jennifer Moore looked Aaron Lopez, the man who attempted to kill her during a 2008 traffic stop, directly in the eye and asked a judge to give him the maximum sentence.
PHOENIX — Aaron Lopez, the man convicted of shooting a Phoenix Police officer while she was on patrol two years ago, has been sentenced.
Lopez will spend the rest of his life behind bars. He shot and wounded Officer Jennifer Moore during a traffic stop in 2008, and Tuesday they came face-to-face.
"You are a worthless piece of [expletive]. You tried to take my life and possibly my partners and you have failed because both my partner and I are still alive," Moore told Lopez, looking him straight in the eye as she have a statement during his sentencing.
Read more on myFOXphoenix.com.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house