NM cops baiting crooks with beer-filled backpacks
Program has caught heat with defense attorneys and is temporarily on hold
By Abigail R. Ortiz
The Albuquerque Police Department's new method of trying to catch larceny offenders by planting backpacks filled with beer, a laptop and other items is catching heat from some defense attorneys.
However, police officials said Tuesday the program is temporarily on hold and will be reviewed before it is started up again.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help