NM cops baiting crooks with beer-filled backpacks
Program has caught heat with defense attorneys and is temporarily on hold
By Abigail R. Ortiz
The Albuquerque Police Department's new method of trying to catch larceny offenders by planting backpacks filled with beer, a laptop and other items is catching heat from some defense attorneys.
However, police officials said Tuesday the program is temporarily on hold and will be reviewed before it is started up again.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman