Pa. cop-killer tries to open shackles with a paper clip
Tried to undo his shackles before a court appearance earlier this week
By David Gambacorta
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — Alleged cop-killer Rasheed Scrugs was caught trying to undo his shackles with a paper clip before a court appearance earlier this week, authorities said.
The career criminal, who allegedly gunned down Officer John Pawlowski in 2009, made the daring move on Tuesday, after corrections officers had taken him from the Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility to an area hospital for a medical procedure, said city prison spokesman Robert Eskind.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests