Video: Sheriff Joe accused of abusing power
The popular, controversial sheriff is currently being advised by his lawyers not to comment
By PoliceOne Staff
MARICOPA COUNTY, Ariz. — Some lawmakers in Arizona are accusing Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio of abusing his power.
Two county supervisors who challenged some of Arpaio’s decisions as sheriff were criminally investigated by his department shortly after. County Supervisor Don Stapely was hit with 118 counts from the sheriff. All counts were dismissed, but Sheriff Joe is appealing.
The popular, controversial sheriff is currently being advised by his lawyers not to comment because he is a witness in several pending cases.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy