Ariz. cop killer gets 100 years in prison
His co-defendant could face the death penalty when he goes to trial next year
GILBERT, Ariz. — A man who led police on a 50-mile chase after his co-defendant allegedly shot and killed a Gilbert police officer was sentenced to more than 100 years in prison Thursday.
Daimen Irizarry, 31, claimed he acted in fear for his life on Jan. 28 when he peeled out of a supermarket parking lot and tore up U.S. 60 toward Globe in a work truck minutes after Gilbert police Lt. Eric Shuhandler was shot in the face and left for dead.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ariz. cop killer gets 100 years in prison
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court