NM woman hit with TASER sues city again
The second suit alleges use of excessive force by Taos police officers
By Andy Stiny
TAOS, N.M. — A woman who was jolted with a Taser while handcuffed has filed a lawsuit in an attempt to hold the town of Taos accountable for what she claims was excessive force on the part of its police force.
This is the second court case filed on behalf of Felicia Erickson. It names three police officers and the town as defendants, and claims Erickson's rights were violated when she was arrested and Tasered by police earlier this year.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NM woman hit with TASER sues city again
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms