Perp gets NY judge's sympathy, not cop
The officer survived only because a fellow cop used his belt as a tourniquet in the middle of the gun battle
By Andrea Peyser
The New York Post
NEW YORK — YOU call this justice?
For years, Supreme Court Justice Gustin Reichbach of Brooklyn was known as the "Con dom Judge" - a mop-topped former lefty lawyer with a wicked soft spot for violent types. Reichbach got his nickname by becoming the go-to judge for every crack whore and addict who wanted a rubber, which he dispensed promiscuously from the bench in the days he sat in Criminal Court.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Perp gets NY judge's sympathy, not cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house