Honolulu cops want city to pay their legal bills
Court cases involve allegations that police reports were written to say the two sergeants were at DUI checkpoints when they were not — a ploy to gain overtime pay
By Gordon Pang
Seven police officers charged with falsifying overtime reports want the city to pay for their attorneys' fees as they go through the court system.
The Honolulu Police Commission heard from the attorney for one of the seven yesterday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Honolulu cops want city to pay their legal bills
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms