Family says cop ignored New Year's killing
They filed a lawsuit saying an officer ignored the man's pleas for help after Atlanta's Peach Drop celebration
By Greg Bluestein
ATLANTA — The family of a 14-year-old boy who was stabbed to death at a downtown Atlanta train station after ringing in the new year at the city's Peach Drop celebration claims an officer ignored his pleas for help.
A lawsuit filed this week in Fulton County Superior Court by the family of Rueben Hand claims MARTA officers did nothing when he told them a man was following and threatening him. It said minutes later, the assailant approached Hand from behind and slashed his throat.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Family says cop ignored New Year's killing
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house