Police cleared in shooting death of university student
By Jessica Naziri
New York — A grand jury said Monday that a police officer did not commit a crime when he killed a Pace University football player in a confused series of events last year, according to the the district attorney's office.
Twenty-year-old Danroy "D.J." Henry Jr. was shot by police during the early hours of October 17 outside a bar at a shopping center in the town of Thornwood, New York, according to a police statement.
"The grand jury found that there was no reasonable cause to vote an indictment," Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore said in a statement.
Read more on CNN or watch the full video on PoliceOne.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms