Police cleared in shooting death of university student
By Jessica Naziri
New York — A grand jury said Monday that a police officer did not commit a crime when he killed a Pace University football player in a confused series of events last year, according to the the district attorney's office.
Twenty-year-old Danroy "D.J." Henry Jr. was shot by police during the early hours of October 17 outside a bar at a shopping center in the town of Thornwood, New York, according to a police statement.
"The grand jury found that there was no reasonable cause to vote an indictment," Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore said in a statement.
Read more on CNN or watch the full video on PoliceOne.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'