Atlanta trooper's death raises questions about high case-dismissal rate
A man who shot an officer walked out of court days earlier in a car-break-in case because the arresting officer failed to testify in court
By Steve Visser
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
ATLANTA — 'Rocket docket' dismissed 40 percent of cases in 2010.
Jonathan English is scheduled for trial today on the Fulton County Superior Court "rocket docket." He hopes, like in many rocket-docket cases, it will be dismissed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy