Atlanta trooper's death raises questions about high case-dismissal rate
A man who shot an officer walked out of court days earlier in a car-break-in case because the arresting officer failed to testify in court
By Steve Visser
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
ATLANTA — 'Rocket docket' dismissed 40 percent of cases in 2010.
Jonathan English is scheduled for trial today on the Fulton County Superior Court "rocket docket." He hopes, like in many rocket-docket cases, it will be dismissed.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court