Firing upheld for Baltimore cop who lost job over YouTube video
Officer Salvatore Rivieri lost his job after a controversial video of an altercation with several teenagers was posted online
BALTIMORE — The firing of a former police officer who lost his job after a controversial video was posted on YouTube has been upheld.
Salvatore Rivieri, a 19-year veteran of the force, was terminated in August amid a public outcry after a confrontation with a skateboarder at the Inner Harbor.
The video was posted on YouTube and registered tens of thousands of views.
At a hearing Monday morning at Courthouse East, a judge upheld the termination, 11 News learned.
Read the full article and watch the video on the left to hear from the fired officer's lawyer.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help