Dash-cam shows dying cops' last moments
The video was shown to members of the media, but was not made public
By Tom Brennan and Josh Poltilove
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA, Fla. — Asked by police to give his name, the passenger in the 1994 Toyota Camry replies that it's Dontae Morris, spelling the name, giving his middle initial and date of birth.
Dave Curtis and Jeffrey Kocab return to the Toyota and ask the man to step outside the car and tell them about his warrant. He says he knows nothing about it, at which point the officers request that he turn around in order for them to handcuff him.
In a split-second, the man's right arm dips toward the interior of the Toyota; he straightens up and turns toward the officers. The officers are side-by-side and facing him as he shoots Kocab and then Curtis in the head.
Read more on TampaBay.com and watch the video below for more information. If the dash-cam footage is made public, we will add it to the story.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman