Muslim cop, Calif. city settle wrongful termination claim
He was questioned by the FBI for possible links to terrorist groups
By Matthew Artz
FREMONT — A Muslim police officer taken off the force immediately after being questioned by the FBI for possible links to terrorist groups has settled claims against the city and the Fremont Unified School District for $125,000.
Matthew Fernandes, a U.S. Army veteran and now former Fremont police officer, never was charged with any crimes in connection with the 2009 FBI inquiry.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house