Man who pushed NY cop off stairs pleads not guilty
The officer fell nine feet and fatally broke his neck while responding to a 911 call
By Colleen Long
NEW YORK — A man accused of shoving a New York City police officer to his death during his arrest on domestic violence charges pleaded not guilty to murder Thursday in a courtroom overflowing with the slain cop's colleagues and the suspect's wailing mother.
George Villanueva, 42, was held without bail in the death of Officer Alain Schaberger, who fell nine feet and broke his neck while responding to a 911 call from Villanueva's girlfriend March 11.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman