Witness describes Tenn. officer shooting in court
Defendant's first court appearance since arrest in April 2 shooting death of Chattanooga Sgt. Tim Chapin
By Todd South
Chattanooga Times Free Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - Harlan Murray stood in front of his Old Bird's Mill Road house, aiming a .22-caliber revolver at a man he just saw shoot a police officer in the head.
"Get down," he yelled.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms