Ex-cop gets jail for assaulting Buffalo officer
Sean Kelley loses bid to start treatment; Officer Autumn Harrison suffered ligament damage
By Matt Gryta
BUFFALO - Former West Seneca Police Officer Sean P. Kelley will spend up to four months more behind bars before he begins inpatient treatment for anger and drinking problems under a sentence imposed Wednesday by State Supreme Court Justice Penny M. Wolfgang.
The judge rejected requests by Kelley's attorneys, Rodney O. Personius and Brian M. Melber, to free Kelley, 31, from jail so he could enter a Bradford, Pa., facility today for three weeks of treatment.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-cop gets jail for assaulting Buffalo officer
- Off Duty
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy