Cop says reporter smeared her, called her a stripper
She said she’s been humiliated by 2010 stories that wrongly reported she moonlighted as an exotic dancer while a cop
By PoliceOne Staff
DETROIT — An officer in Detroit says it’s too late to apologize for two news stories she said wrongly reported her as an exotic dancer.
She is seeking $3 million from the Detroit News and Pulitzer Prize-winning author Charlie LeDuff, according to the Detroit Free Press.
She said she was publically humiliated when two stories in 2010 reported that she moonlighted as an exotic dancer while serving as a police officer, in addition to several other accusations, which have to do with troubled ex-mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and slain dancer Tamara Greene.
Read the full story on the Detroit Free-Press and watch the video.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house