Video: Cops smash window of men who won’t comply at sobriety checkpoint
The two men inside, Angel Naverrete and Daniel Alfaro, videotaped and narrated the entire exchange
By PoliceOne Staff
ESCONDIDO, Calif. — Police in Escondido, California smashed the window of a car during a sobriety checkpoint in which the drivers refused to hand over identification or roll down their vehicle’s window.
The two men inside, Angel Naverrete and Daniel Alfaro, videotaped and narrated the entire exchange. The video will be at the center of a trial that will take place this summer.
During the traffic stop, which took place in February, the two men can be heard repeatedly asking the officer, who gave several warnings before eventually breaking the window, for his name and badge number.
Here’s a bit of what the passenger had to say. You should watch the video below to get the full experience:
"Officer, can I get your name and your badge number, please? Are you refusing to give me your name and your badge number? Are we free to go? Can you tell us the reason we are being detained. I need to know your badge number and your name officer."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend