Video: Teen films cop, goes viral on YouTube
The teen said he was filming a story about “unwarranted raids,” at which point the officer detained him
Valley News Live
WAHPETON, ND — The Wahpeton, North Dakota police department is looking inward for answers about what really happened in the arrest of a Breckenridge, MN teenager on Friday.
The Youtube video the teen posted online appears to show officer Dustin Hill arresting the boy after he videotaped Hill on a public street. The video has gone viral with several hundred thousand hits. Police say it's sparked a lot of angry phone calls and messages from the public.
17-year old Robert Wanek posted Youtube video of what he says is his illegal arrest, for what the officer called interfering with a police investigation. Wanek says he was detained for about an hour, and his parents were never called, nor was he read his rights before being interviewed. He was eventually let go, but he says Hill's supervisor told him what he did wrong was making the officer angry.
Read more on Valley News Live and watch Wanek's video below. Warning: You probably won't like it.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman