Pirates fan in YouTube arrest goes on trial
Viral video showed Scott Ashley, 41, resisting and being struck with both Taser and baton
By Bobby Kerlik
PITTSBURGH - A Friendship man whose confrontation with Pittsburgh police at PNC Park became an Internet sensation is headed to trial, a district judge ruled today.
After a preliminary hearing in Pittsburgh Municipal Court, District Judge Eugene Ricciardi ordered Scott Ashley, 41, to stand trial on six charges, including terroristic threats and disorderly conduct.
Ashley appeared in court in a suit without his red, white and blue jacket that prompted fans at the April 9 baseball game to chant "USA, USA" as the incident with police unfolded.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help