Pirates fan in YouTube arrest goes on trial
Viral video showed Scott Ashley, 41, resisting and being struck with both Taser and baton
By Bobby Kerlik
PITTSBURGH - A Friendship man whose confrontation with Pittsburgh police at PNC Park became an Internet sensation is headed to trial, a district judge ruled today.
After a preliminary hearing in Pittsburgh Municipal Court, District Judge Eugene Ricciardi ordered Scott Ashley, 41, to stand trial on six charges, including terroristic threats and disorderly conduct.
Ashley appeared in court in a suit without his red, white and blue jacket that prompted fans at the April 9 baseball game to chant "USA, USA" as the incident with police unfolded.
- Less Lethal
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house