Supreme Court backs Ariz. worker law
Ruling opens door for states, Congress to mandate verification
By Michael Doyle
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Thursday upheld an Arizona law that severely penalizes businesses that knowingly hire illegal immigrants.
In a ruling that's likely to embolden Congress and other states, the court declared that Arizona's law fits comfortably within the state's powers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Supreme Court backs Ariz. worker law
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds