Retired NM deputy looks to change law helping killers
Proposal would eliminate New Mexico's statute of limitations for second-degree murder
By Milan Simonich
Alamogordo Daily News
SANTA FE — State Rep. Bill Rehm says New Mexico law can help cold killers get away with murder.
A retired sheriff's deputy, Rehm has filed a bill that he says would close legal loopholes and make the justice system fairer.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer