Retired NM deputy looks to change law helping killers
Proposal would eliminate New Mexico's statute of limitations for second-degree murder
By Milan Simonich
Alamogordo Daily News
SANTA FE — State Rep. Bill Rehm says New Mexico law can help cold killers get away with murder.
A retired sheriff's deputy, Rehm has filed a bill that he says would close legal loopholes and make the justice system fairer.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help