State N.M. officer charged in stabbing
The Associated Press
Twenty-three-year-old Nicholas Zepeda is accused of stabbing another man after a bar fight in Las Cruces.
Zepeda was off duty at the time.
Court documents say Zepeda and 23-year-old Daniel Reyes of Las Cruces got in a fight on August 9th.
Reyes told police he punched Zepeda after Zepeda called him an offensive name. Reyes says Zepeda and two friends arrived at his home later and attacked him.
A witness told police the two men held Reyes as Zepeda stabbed him. Zepeda says Reyes hit him with a beer bottle when he got out of the car.
State police say Zepeda is on sick leave for injuries.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy