Defense attorney: Client murdered Calif. cop
Man accused of killing Officer Ryan Bonaminio after the officer slipped and fell
By Richard K. De Atley
RIVERSIDE, Calif. — An attorney representing the man charged with beating and shooting a Riverside police officer told jurors Monday that "Earl Ellis Green murdered Officer Ryan Bonaminio."
The courtroom, which was packed with Bonaminio's family and friends, remained quiet when Gail O'Rane, a deputy capital defender representing Green, made the surprising admission during opening statements.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Defense attorney: Client murdered Calif. cop
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house