Defense attorney: Client murdered Calif. cop
Man accused of killing Officer Ryan Bonaminio after the officer slipped and fell
By Richard K. De Atley
RIVERSIDE, Calif. — An attorney representing the man charged with beating and shooting a Riverside police officer told jurors Monday that "Earl Ellis Green murdered Officer Ryan Bonaminio."
The courtroom, which was packed with Bonaminio's family and friends, remained quiet when Gail O'Rane, a deputy capital defender representing Green, made the surprising admission during opening statements.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Defense attorney: Client murdered Calif. cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help