Parents sue Montana cops over son's suicide
A Missoula man shot himself with a hunting rifle a day after he was arrested
Bozeman Daily Chronicle
MISSOULA, Mont. — The parents of a Missoula man who killed himself while facing a law enforcement deadline to identify drug dealers have filed a federal lawsuit against Missoula city and county law enforcement officers, saying they told authorities that Colton Peterson was suicidal, but they continued to pressure him for information.
Peterson shot himself with a hunting rifle on July 27, 2010, a day after he was arrested for having marijuana and paraphernalia in his apartment, the lawsuit said. He was 21.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Parents sue Montana cops over son's suicide
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic