Stop and frisk goes on trial in NY
The NYPD's stop and frisk tactics are coming under the gun
By Bruce Golding
The New York Post
NEW YORK — An "unprecedented" court hearing begins today into allegations that cops have been unlawfully stopping minorities outside thousands of low-income apartment buildings in The Bronx.
Plaintiffs in the case are seeking a court order limiting enforcement of a 1991 anti-crime program called "Operation Clean Halls."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Stop and frisk goes on trial in NY
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house