Stop and frisk goes on trial in NY
The NYPD's stop and frisk tactics are coming under the gun
By Bruce Golding
The New York Post
NEW YORK — An "unprecedented" court hearing begins today into allegations that cops have been unlawfully stopping minorities outside thousands of low-income apartment buildings in The Bronx.
Plaintiffs in the case are seeking a court order limiting enforcement of a 1991 anti-crime program called "Operation Clean Halls."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Stop and frisk goes on trial in NY
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court