Former Pa. cop cleared in jail-cell TASER incident
Officer says he will return to police work after being declared 'not guilty'
By Stephanie Farr
The Philadelphia Daily News
COLWYN, Pa. --Former Officer Trevor Parham said that he intends to return to police work after a judge found him not guilty Wednesday on criminal charges relating to his use of a Taser on a juvenile who was shackled and handcuffed in a holding cell this year.
"I'm not a bad officer; I've never been accused of being a bad officer," Parham said. "It was just some bad political circumstances."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help