NJ lawmaker views video of his own disputed traffic stop
Lawmaker claims he was targeted
By Edward Colimore
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — In the July 31 video, captured by a dash-mounted camera in the Washington Township police cruiser, Assemblyman Paul Moriarty's car is seen driving north on the Black Horse Pike.
The squad car, driven by Officer Joseph DiBuonaventura, pulls off the median strip where it has been parked. It makes a U-turn, hits a curb, and darts past traffic at speeds — recorded on the video — up to 80 miles an hour.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house