Cop hit by own bullet fires suit at NYC
He maintains that the shooting range failed to properly maintain and position the targets
The New York Post
NEW YORK — A cop struck in the chest by the ricocheting fragment of a bullet that he had fired at the NYPD range in The Bronx is suing the city, charging that it failed to properly maintain and position the targets.
Jorge Morban, 46, was at the Rodman's Neck range on July 26 when he fired and hit a stanchion several feet away.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Cop hit by own bullet fires suit at NYC
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms