Cop hit by own bullet fires suit at NYC
He maintains that the shooting range failed to properly maintain and position the targets
The New York Post
NEW YORK — A cop struck in the chest by the ricocheting fragment of a bullet that he had fired at the NYPD range in The Bronx is suing the city, charging that it failed to properly maintain and position the targets.
Jorge Morban, 46, was at the Rodman's Neck range on July 26 when he fired and hit a stanchion several feet away.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Cop hit by own bullet fires suit at NYC
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy