Trial to begin in NYPD officer's slaying
The slain cop's 4 daughters bravely listened to the heartbreaking details of their dad's final moments during prosecution
By Larry Celona and Josh Saul
The New York Post
NEW YORK — Prosecutors began their case yesterday against the career criminal accused of shooting and killing NYPD Officer Peter Figoski in cold blood during an apartment robbery, as the slain cop's four daughters bravely listened to the heartbreaking details of their dad's final moments.
Lamont Pride, 28, intentionally shot the dedicated cop when he realized he and his four cohorts couldn't get away with their small-time apartment theft, Brooklyn Assistant District Attorney Ken Taub said in opening arguments.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Trial to begin in NYPD officer's slaying
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman