Pa. DA: Fatal shooting justified, but mistakes were made
The district attorney said the man went after an officer with a fire poker, putting the officer in danger, but there was no communication
By Jon Meyer
ABC - 16 WNEP
OVERFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. — In Wyoming County, the district attorney ruled Monday that a police officer who shot and killed a man last fall was justified.
The district attorney said the man went after the officer with a fire poker, putting the officer in danger. But the D.A. does say police mistakes were made.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds