Charges dismissed against cop that kept deer
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence requested that the DNR dismiss the charges filed last November with the deputy
By Katie Nickas
INDIANAPOLIS — The story of Dani the Deer has spotlighted the Indiana Department of Natural Resource's rules regarding possession of wildlife.
Connersville couple Jeff and Jennifer Coun-celler attracted publicity this month when state officials revealed they had kept a young whitetail deer, which they named Dani, for two years without the re-quired permit from the DNR.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Charges dismissed against cop that kept deer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house