Charges dismissed against cop that kept deer
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence requested that the DNR dismiss the charges filed last November with the deputy
By Katie Nickas
INDIANAPOLIS — The story of Dani the Deer has spotlighted the Indiana Department of Natural Resource's rules regarding possession of wildlife.
Connersville couple Jeff and Jennifer Coun-celler attracted publicity this month when state officials revealed they had kept a young whitetail deer, which they named Dani, for two years without the re-quired permit from the DNR.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Charges dismissed against cop that kept deer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms