Police arrest suspect in deadly Coney Island shooting
Authorities say 29-year-old Joseph Brown was arrested Saturday morning; charges are pending
NEW YORK — New York City police have arrested the man they say fatally shot a man and wounded three other people in Brooklyn's Coney Island section.
Authorities say 29-year-old Joseph Brown was arrested Saturday morning. He allegedly shot four people inside an apartment in a public housing development on Friday.
Police say Brown knocked on the apartment's door and shot a man in the head in a back bedroom after being let inside. Investigators say he then shot three other people in the apartment, killing one.
According to police three other people including a 10-year-old boy were inside the apartment at the time.
Authorities say Brown was arrested at an acquaintance's apartment near the scene of the shooting. Charges are still pending.
It's not clear if Brown has an attorney.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house