3 Ohio cops cleared in 2 shootings days apart
A review board found that all of the officers acted within policy in the shootings that killed 1
By Theodore Decker
The Columbus Dispatch
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Three Columbus police officers acted within policy last year when they shot two suspects in separate confrontations that occurred just days apart, a review board has determined.
Officer Thomas Pellegrini and a second officer were on bike patrol on the Near East Side on Jan. 4, 2012, when they heard shots in a nearby alley.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 3 Ohio cops cleared in 2 shootings days apart
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police