Man who killed cop with snow plow found not responsible
The widow of the slain officer was in tears when jurors decided the man who hit her husband with a plow was mentally ill
The Hamilton Spectator
TORONTO, Canada — A man who killed a Toronto police officer with a snowplow showed no emotion Wednesday when he was found not criminally responsible.
Jurors reached the verdict in the trial of Richard Kachkar, 46, in the third day of deliberations.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash