Pawnshop sued in Chicago officer's death
Chicago police officer Thomas Wortham IV was an Iraqi war veteran gunned down in front of his parents' home
CHICAGO — The family of a slain Chicago police officer says it filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday against a Mississippi pawn shop that sold the pistol used in the slaying.
Chicago police officer Thomas Wortham IV was an Iraqi war veteran gunned down in front of his parents' home in Chicago's Chatham neighborhood home three years ago, the Chicago Tribune reported.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pawnshop sued in Chicago officer's death
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house