Would-be cop killer faces sentencing in Fla.
St. Cloud Detective Clinton Wise and Officer Spencer Endsley narrowly escaped death two years ago
ST. CLOUD, Fla. — A man who investigators say is responsible for attacks on law enforcement officers in Osceola County is set to be sentenced Thursday.
David Penney, 20, may be sentenced to eight years in prison as part of a plea deal.
Penney is accused of using two AK-47 rifles to shoot at two St. Cloud Police Department officers in November 2011.
One of the officers was hit in the foot.
Penney originally faced charges of attempted first-degree murder on a law enforcement officer. Those charges were dropped.
Reprinted with permission from WESH.com
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- PD removes 'Blue Lives Matter,' Punisher car decals after criticism
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Report: Hiring standards may be lowered to meet Border Patrol staffing goal
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber