Would-be cop killer faces sentencing in Fla.
St. Cloud Detective Clinton Wise and Officer Spencer Endsley narrowly escaped death two years ago
ST. CLOUD, Fla. — A man who investigators say is responsible for attacks on law enforcement officers in Osceola County is set to be sentenced Thursday.
David Penney, 20, may be sentenced to eight years in prison as part of a plea deal.
Penney is accused of using two AK-47 rifles to shoot at two St. Cloud Police Department officers in November 2011.
One of the officers was hit in the foot.
Penney originally faced charges of attempted first-degree murder on a law enforcement officer. Those charges were dropped.
Reprinted with permission from WESH.com
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend