NYPD unions say bill would blindfold officers
"It will ban cops from identifying a suspect's age, gender, color or disability" — or risk being sued for profiling
By Kirstan Conley
The New York Post
NEW YORK — Cops might as well wear blindfolds if the City Council passes a bill that would let them use little more than the color of a suspect's clothing in descriptions — or risk being sued for profiling, according to this provocative new ad from the NYPD captains union.
The ad asks, "How effective is a police officer with a blindfold on?"
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD unions say bill would blindfold officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house