NYPD, Union resists order to test body cameras
It's possible that cops can't be forced to wear the extra equipment without it being first negotiated as part of their union contract
By Larry Celona , Natalie O'Neill and Georgett Roberts
The New York Post
NEW YORK — The NYPD won't implement a judge's order to outfit cops with surveillance cameras until it has a gun to its head, sources said yesterday.
And the department has an unaccustomed ally: the police union.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NYPD, Union resists order to test body cameras
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend