Police: Pa. man, 80, used tractor to fling rocks at cops
Donald Martin drove his tractor over bare ground so the mower would fling rocks at neighbors and a responding officer
ROCHESTER, Pa. — An 80-year-old Pennsylvania man has been charged with using his lawn tractor to fling rocks and debris at neighbors and police.
The Beaver County Times reports Donald Martin drove his tractor toward three neighbors after using the machine to pull a bush out of the ground in a property line dispute on June 21.
On July 3 and Aug. 30, police say Martin drove the tractor over bare ground so the mower would fling rocks and other debris at his neighbors and — in the last encounter — a responding police officer.
Martin, of Rochester Township, doesn't have a listed phone number and online court records don't list an attorney for him. He faces a preliminary hearing Sept. 24 on simple assault and other charges.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman