Fla. deputy sheriff on leave after DUI arrest
Deputy Stephanie LeClerc will also face a child-neglect charge because a 7-year-old girl was in the patrol car with her
By David Breen
VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. — A Volusia County deputy sheriff has been put on leave after she was arrested Saturday night on a DUI charge.
Deputy Stephanie LeClerc is on administrative leave with pay, according to the Sheriff's Office.
LeClerc, 37, was off duty but driving her patrol car at the time of her arrest, the Sheriff's Office said Sunday.
She will also face a child-neglect charge because a 7-year-old girl was in the patrol car with her.
LeClerc, who's been with the agency since 1999, works at the Volusia County Courthouse Annex in Daytona Beach, the Sheriff's Office said.
Copyright 2013 The Orlando Sentinel
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'