A box full of intervention options
Don’t fall back on an escalating step-by-step process for the use of force. Instead, use a tool box. On your waist you have all of your options and you can use any one of them anytime you see fit. It’s up to you as an officer to make the immediate threat assessment and withdraw whatever tool you deem suitable.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman