TASERed NC man died of cocaine poisoning
By BETH VELLIQUETTE
Copyright 2006 The Durham Herald Co.
PITTSBORO, N.C.- A man who led Chatham sheriff's deputies on a police chase and then died shortly after they tasered and handcuffed him last July died of cocaine poisoning, according to the N.C. Medical Examiner's Office.
Toxicology tests showed a very high concentration of cocaine in the body of Shannon Lane Johnson, 37, of 939 Edwards Hill Church Road, Siler City, the autopsy report said. "Death is due to cocaine poisoning," the report states.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: TASERed NC man died of cocaine poisoning
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy