S.C. cop stunned by his own TASER
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C.- A man has been arrested at a North Charleston concert and charged with resisting arrest in an incident in which a police officer was stunned with his own Taser.
Officers at a Widespread Panic concert Friday tried to arrest the man after another man said he had been assaulted.
Police say a female officer ordered 19-year-old Thomas Carpenter Neal of Columbia, Georgia, to go outside, but he refused. Police say when the officer returned with a male colleague, the man
The male officer then used a Taser, but the man kicked him and they wrestled. A police report says the officer used the Taser again, but during the struggle the man used the weapon on the officer.
Neal is charged with two counts of assault on a police officer and one count of resisting arrest.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds