Idaho officials to look at TASER incident with 18 year old
By PHIL DAVIDSON
Idaho Falls Post Register (Idaho)
Top brass with the Idaho Falls Police Department will review an officer's use of a Taser on an 18-year-old.
The May incident marked at least the sixth time an Idaho Falls officer had fired his Taser, the electronic restraining devices that patrol officers have been armed with since April. The mother of the 18-year-old said officers are too quick to turn to the devices, which send 50,000 volts through a person's body.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman