Idaho officials to look at TASER incident with 18 year old
By PHIL DAVIDSON
Idaho Falls Post Register (Idaho)
Top brass with the Idaho Falls Police Department will review an officer's use of a Taser on an 18-year-old.
The May incident marked at least the sixth time an Idaho Falls officer had fired his Taser, the electronic restraining devices that patrol officers have been armed with since April. The mother of the 18-year-old said officers are too quick to turn to the devices, which send 50,000 volts through a person's body.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police